Experienced Estate Planning and Probate Attorney
Practicing since 2012, Phoenix-Scottsdale based attorney Danny Mazza has represented hundreds of clients in estate planning, probate, guardianship, and conservatorship matters with the utmost care and empathy. Danny’s friendly, capable, experienced, and personable demeanor is a major factor behind his 10 out of 10 rating on AVVO, a trusted attorney directory.
Danny has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star, in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 – a distinction that is limited to just 2.5 percent of attorneys and is based on peer nominations as well as a comprehensive evaluation of 12 indicators of professional achievement.
Danny is a leader in the legal community, currently serving as the Vice President of the Arizona Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. Danny has also served as President of the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Arizona in 2018 and as a member of the Arizona Supreme Court’s Attorney Ethics Advisory Committee in 2019.
Appointed by the Chief Justice of the Arizona Supreme Court, Danny assisted in issuing opinions on lawyer ethics and professionalism during his tenure on the Ethics Advisory Committee.
Danny attended law school in Arizona, where he excelled in gift and estate taxation and served as vice president of the Student Bar Association. During law school, he was honored to serve as one of only two legal interns to Governor Jan Brewer.
Additionally, Danny obtained a Certificate in International Commercial Arbitration from Georgia State University College of Law while studying overseas. Before attending law school, Danny graduated from Arizona State University with a Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Minor in Business and interned in the office of U.S. Senator John McCain as an undergraduate.
Danny is dedicated to community involvement. He currently serves on the Paradise Valley Village Planning Committee, a position he was appointed to by the Mayor and City Council. Prior to his career in law, Danny worked in politics, government, and public affairs and currently serves as a member of ASU’s School of Political and Global Studies Alumni Advisory Board.
He has traveled the country working on political campaigns, most notably spending time in New Hampshire during the 2008 Presidential primary season. Previously, he served as the Government & Public Affairs Manager at Arizona Federal Credit Union.
The son of two real estate professionals, Danny grew up in the real estate business, and has a special interest in probate matters involving real property. Danny has been licensed by the Arizona Department of Real Estate since 2013, which has enhanced the scope of his knowledge, enabling him to more fully advise his law clients on issues related to real property matters.
Originally from Hackensack, New Jersey, Danny moved to the Scottsdale area with his family in 1991. He attended Horizon High School where he met his wife, Bonnie. Danny and Bonnie reside in Phoenix with their three beautiful young children.
- J.D., Phoenix School of Law, May 2011
- Certificate, International Commercial Arbitration, Georgia State University College of Law, Summer 2010
- Bachelor of Science, Political Science, Arizona State University, May 2005
- Minor, Business, W.P. Carey School of Business, May 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vice President, Arizona Chapter of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 2020
- Committee Member, Attorney Ethics Advisory Committee, Supreme Court of Arizona, 2019
- President, State Bar of Arizona, Young Lawyers Division, 2018
- Member, State Bar of Arizona, Probate & Trust Section
- Member, College of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member, Maricopa County Bar Association
- Member, Scottsdale Bar Association
- Member, ASU School of Politics and Global Studies Alumni Advisory Board
- Committeeman, Paradise Valley Village Planning Committee