Peoria Probate Litigation Attorneys
We Represent Clients Involved in Estate-Based Disputes
Under normal circumstances, matters involved with a loved one’s estate such as the validity of their will or trust, guardianship or conservatorship arrangements, and more may be handled without difficulty. Doubt, distrust, and competing interests, however, may give rise to legal disputes during probate.
If your interests or a loved one’s stated wishes are challenged during probate, our attorneys at Mazza Law can provide the legal counsel and litigation services you need.
Our probate litigation lawyers can help clients involved in common disputes, such as the following:
- Will Contests: Someone is challenging the validity of a will because they believe the deceased signed it under duress, while incapacitated, or that the will is otherwise fraudulent.
- Trust Contests: These may arise if someone believes a trust was improperly altered as a result of another individual’s influence.
- Power of Attorney Contests: Challenges regarding powers of attorney can also arise when someone alleges misuse of this document or that the incapacitated individual or deceased’s assets were mismanaged.
Estate Planning Documents may be challenged on several grounds, including the following:
- The document wasn’t properly signed or witnessed.
- The document was changed as a result of another party’s undue influence.
- The document was written or changed when the signing party lacked testamentary capacity.
- The document contains unclear or ambiguous language.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty Lawsuits: A trustee or executor may be sued by interested parties if they mismanage the estate’s assets, engage in self-dealing, or were involved in other illegal activity.
- Financial Exploitation Claims: These can arise when it is believed that a vulnerable adult was financially taken advantage of by another party.
- Protecting the Rights of Heirs, Devisees, and Beneficiaries: Mazza Law PLC’s probate litigation attorneys in Peoria can rigorously litigate matters involving the rights of those who should receive the deceased’s property.
- Guardianship and Conservatorship Litigation: Contested guardianships and conservatorships will require the assistance of experienced legal counsel to help you appoint a guardian or conservator to help a loved one.
Mazza Law PLC can handle many more types of disputes that may arise during probate. If you need help with one of the above-mentioned topics or something you don’t see listed here, please reach out to us to learn more about our firm’s capabilities.
Get in touch with our attorneys today by calling (602) 536-7609 or completing our online contact form.
Do You Need a Probate Litigation Attorney in Peoria?
When someone dies, their estate – assets and property they owned during their lifetime – will eventually be distributed to the beneficiaries named in their will. Intestate estates are those where the deceased had no valid will when they died, so specific laws govern how their property will be distributed among legal heirs during probate.
It may become necessary to reach out to a probate litigation attorney if you believe there is something wrong with a loved one’s will or trust, or some of the decisions they made about how their property was to be distributed.
This attorney can provide legal counsel for situations such as the following:
- Contesting a will
- Arguing the will is the product of undue influence
- Arguing the deceased lacked testamentary capacity when they signed an estate planning document
- The estate’s executor or trustee is engaging in a breach of their fiduciary duties
If you’re looking for a probate litigation attorney in Peoria to help you fight for your interests, reach out to Mazza Law, PLC for help.
Contact us online or call (602) 536-7609 to schedule a consultation with us today.
Every individual and family have unique circumstances, and there is no cookie-cutter method for effective estate planning. Our estate planning attorney who can help Scottsdale residents is recognized as a top professional in the field, including being listed as a “Top Probate Attorney,” and as the recipient of the “Clients Choice Award” from Avvo. Our founder, Attorney Danny Mazza, is listed as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” and locally, as “Best of the Valley,” for estate planning and probate matters.
Call us today at (602) 536-7609 for a consultation. We look forward to assisting you and your family.